Inspired by our collaboration with Birchbox.
2. And use eyeliner to fill in a bold brow.
Just make sure to use a lighter touch than with a regular eyebrow pencil.
4. Put hairspray on an old toothbrush to tame flyaways and fight frizz.
This also works with an old blush brush!
5. Substitute brown eyeshadows for bronzers if you run out of either.
6. Dust baby powder on lashes between coats of mascara to amp up the volume.
7. Mix eyeshadow or blush with Vaseline or clear lipgloss for the easiest DIY lip tint.
Get the full instructions here.
8. Apply Vaseline before spritzing your perfume for a longer lasting scent.
10. Or use it for pretty much anything else.
Turn powder blushes into cream formulas, use it as an eye cream or soothe cracked cuticles.
11. Turn your lipstick or gloss into a cheek tint.
Just blend from the apples of your cheeks up to the temples.
12. Substitute conditioner for shaving cream for hydrated skin and smooth legs.
So tried and so true.
13. Use eye shadow sticks as both shadow and liner.
The lazy girl’s version of the classic smokey eye.
14. Use highlighter or concealer around lips to prevent lipstick from bleeding or feathering.
Plus, highlighting above the cupid’s bow gives the illusion of poutier lips.
15. Vaseline or rosebud salve for a dewy glow on your cheeks.
Dab on cheekbones for a more natural look than most highlighters.
16. Mix lotion with old or cracked bronzer for a DIY self-tanner.
In the summer, mix with sunscreen for tan legs without the sunburn.
17. Can’t make it to the salon? Cover roots with mascara or eyeshadow.
Bonus: filling in the part of your hair with a matching color gives the illusion of thicker locks.
18. Keep your manicure mess-free by putting vaseline or Aquaphor on the skin around your nails.
19. Combine clear nail polish with eyeshadow for a custom nail varnish.
This is great for broken eyeshadows or colors you’ve gotten tired of.