This series of photographs of primates living in captivity named ‘Behind Glass’ is by Atlanta-based photographer Anne Berry. From South Africa to Belgium she traveled the world to capture photos of apes and monkeys living in small zoos, in hopes of truly reflecting and capturing life on the other side of the glass/barrier. Most of the captive primates in Anne’s photographs look quite sad, but she insists her work is not to advocate against zoos. “I think zoos are doing a better and better job of keeping animals and replicating habitats that don’t exist in the wild anymore,” Berry said. “It’s not the best that you’d like, but it’s keeping species alive.”
The name ‘Behind Glass’ refers both to the glass or boundaries of an enclosure and to the glass of the camera lens. The somber mood of the photographs isn’t accidental either, she shoots them in black and white and uses a wide aperture on her 80mm lens. She does this as the black and white images feel both aged and emotional, each photo clearly showing the solitude of the animal. “I think it makes people have more empathy for them and stop and look at the picture. If they feel sadness and nostalgia, they might think about what’s happening and the challenges the animals face in the wild due to the increasing loss of their natural habitat,” she said. You can Like Anne Berry on Facebook or Visit Her Web Site. Source: Anne Berry Via LensCulture
Read more: http://viralnova.com/primates-in-zoo/
1. For the gays who are packing:
2. For the gays who know their strengths:
3. For the gays who are au naturel:
4. For the gays who like it a little hairier:
5. For the gays who are notoriously man-hungry:
6. For the gays who know giving is receiving:
7. For the enthused gays:
8. For the older gays who have the commas in their bank accounts:
9. For the gay daddies needing love too:
10. For the gays who ~werk~ accessories:
11. For the gays who are ready to share their warm bed:
12. For the gays whose straight friends just won’t stop:
13. For the gays who are ready to party:
14. For the gays looking for triple fun:
15. And for the gays who do it all:
President Obama was to be on his best behavior at the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy today. He almost passed muster, but was that a big wad of gum in his mouth during the solemn ceremony? Twitter seemed to think so.
Judge for yourself (via Weasel Zippers):
This time the president managed to offend the French as well.
Premium Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for Household Use Mixers Red 5 Quart Bowl in Electric Professional Free Standing Design
- 450-watt motor with 10 speeds; 5-quart stainless steel bowl
- Unique mixing action: beater spins clockwise as the shaft spins counter clockwise
- Ergonomic handle makes lifting the bowl more comfortable
- Hinged hub cover flips up, allowing easy installation of attachments
- Measures 16-1/2 by 12 by 14 inches; includes flat beater, spiral dough hook, and wire whip
What sparked that? This absurd defense of Hillary Clinton from Sen. Claire McCaskill:
Oh, of course! Evolving and stuff. Some suspect McCaskill is trying to “evolve” herself right into a job:
She couldn’t possibly have, could she? Ha! Just kidding. We couldn’t even type that with a straight face.
Bingo. And here is a key reason why McCaskill’s absurd spin is an utter fail:
Ding, ding, ding! Nice try, McCaskill. But no cigar. (Hello, Bill!)
Read more: https://imgflip.com/i/79qwa
Read more: https://imgflip.com/i/a9f0a
Read more: https://imgflip.com/i/1uibn
Fox News’ Brit Hume is traveling through the United Kingdom and is hitting the links while there.
A bonny and braw Scot laddie!
Hume isn’t just hitting the links: He’s hitting the funnies, too. UK coverage of the birth of the royal baby tickled his funny bone.
And then he posted a photo of an awesome headline and cover from a British mag:
Keep the tweets coming, Mr. Hume. Scots wha hae!
- Robust, stable and durable
- Fast and thorough mixing
- Silent, reliable and long lasting
- Easy cleaning and usage
- Ultimate cooking tool
Discover Extra Artisan Mixer Kitchenaid Products
Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s list of “assault weapons” is currently about ten miles long, but why stop there? Here are some more that will no doubt be added in the near future:
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons bad breath
— votermom (D) (@votermom) January 24, 2013
— AdolfJoeBiden™ (@Bidenshairplugs) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons I’m pretty sure high-capacity bunches of bananas are listed…
— Joe Brenn (@JBrenn) January 24, 2013
The bourgeoisie, clearly.#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons
— Darcy (@MrsDigger) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons Smaller capacity ice cube trays.Who needs more than 5 ice cubes in a drink?
— Scott Good (@SkidWillie) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons The United States Constitution
— Smitty (@smitty_one_each) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons Cheerleaders from Bayonne, NJ, also known as Bayonnettes.
— Emile Husson (@emile_husson) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons Anything with “Shooting” or “Iron” in the name…except for “Salad” and “Waffle”
— Breitbart’s Posse (@KentAtwater) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons Sharp nail clippers, expired fruit, trigger fish
— Tom Janoski (@tsj_washington) January 24, 2013
— Kay Brooks (@KayBrooks) January 24, 2013
Movies longer than two hours, because no one needs a film to last longer than that. #feinsteinassaultweapons
— David Goza (@GozaSC) January 24, 2013
#FeinsteinAssaultWeapons PEZ Candy dispensers. Their dispensers hold more than 7 rounds.
— Barackolypse Now (@CzarZellem) January 24, 2013
— Joe Brenn (@JBrenn) January 24, 2013
- This is an O.E.M. authorized part
- Fits various KitchenAid models
- OEM Part Number 240934
- Fits the following models: 3066 3067 3093 3094 3111 3112 KF140 KF1078
- Item is manufactured in United States
Discover A lot more Ksm150pswh Products