In 2007, Brian and Susan Trost purchased what they thought would be their dream home in Weldon Spring, Missouri. This perfect home was big, beautiful, and overlooked the golf course of the local country club.
They thought it was perfect, anyway, until they moved in. That’s when the Trouts found the secret the previous homeowners hid: the house was infested with thousands of venomous brown recluse spiders. Yuck!
While brown recluse spiders aren’t technically deadly, they don’t make for a hospitable living situation.
The Trosts hired two separate pest control companies to get rid of the spiders, with no luck.
There were so many spiders at one point, they were “bleeding out of the walls.”
The Trosts sued the previous owners of the house in 2008 for not disclosing the infestation. The lawsuit ended in the Trosts’ favor.
However, they were not able to collect the $472,000 they were awarded because the previous owners are now bankrupt.
Their homeowners insurance also refused to pay anything because they say spiders aren’t covered.
Not long after finding the spiders, the Trosts abandoned their house. The property is now owned by the Federal National Mortgage Association. They are currently fumigating the house again before attempting to sell it. They’re confident that they can get all the spiders out.
H/T: St. Louis Today
This is every home buyer’s nightmare…and the perfect example of when you should just burn a house down. I can only imagine how the Trosts are feeling right now. How can their insurance not cover something like this? It’s too weird!
Read more: http://viralnova.com/spider-house/